General Permit Info

Building Permits

Issued by Elisabeth Racine w/ SPS Inspection Services, (920)266-9611 or [email protected]

Before a building permit will be issued, a zoning permit must be obtained from the Town Zoning Administrator, Mike McNamee at (920)851-1301 or [email protected]

A permit is required for the construction of any structure, fence, or sign.

Electrical Permits

A permit is required for replacing or adding an electrical panel.

Plumbing Permits

A permit is required any time work is done to the plumbing system. The only exception is plumbing fixtures that do not include the relocation of water, drain or vent pipes. A water heater replacement does not require a permit.

Demolition / Razing Permits

A razing permit is required prior to demolishing any structure. The permit will ensure that the building will be removed from the tax roll.

Occupancy Permits

An occupancy permit is required prior to moving into or living in any structure. Failure to obtain an occupancy permit before using a building will result in a citation. The occupancy permit is issued after a final inspection has been completed and no health or safety violations are found.

Culvert Permit

A culvert permit is required prior to creating a driveway or extending or relocating an existing culvert. The owner is responsible for supplying and installing the culvert and end walls.  Application for the permit is found under Forms and Permits.  Application and payment can be dropped off or mailed to the office


NOTE: Permits are required to be obtained prior to the work being started. Failure to obtain building permits will result in the doubling of permit fees and possible the issuance of a citation.

Town Hall Rental

The Vinland Town Hall is available to rent for special events. Room capacity is 116 people. The cost is $100.00 + $50.00 deposit. The room is only available to Town of Vinland residents.